Access Associates Sydney provides specialist consultancy in the provision of complying access for people with disabilities and those who are older. The principal is a registered Occupational Therapist and accredited access consultant. She has over 20 years experience as an Access Consultant both in the UK and Australia and has worked as Access Associates Sydney since its formation in 2004.
Using this ‘in-house’ resource enables midson group us to be aware of current regulatory requirements and their practical implementation and gives us the ability to identify potential issues and address them during the design process.
Access Associates Sydney have been involved as access consultants providing design strategies, reviews and reports on access compliance and advice on current requirements providing recommendations in relation to the Access to Premises Standards, the Building Code of Australia, current Australian Standards on access and mobility and the Disability Discrimination Act.
Access Associates Sydney have provided consultancy services for a range of projects including aged care facilities, childcare centres, schools, universities, residential developments with adaptable housing units, heritage buildings, transport infrastructure, commercial developments and a number of recreational facilities.
Access Associates Sydney provides a full range of services to ensure your project complies with all the relevant legislation (including the Access to Premises Standards, the BCA, DDA and local government access requirements) and, more importantly, meets the needs of your facility users including staff, residents and visitors. With accreditations in access consultancy and occupational therapy we bring a full understanding of accessibility requirements and the technical skills to turn them into an integral part of your design. We can assist you with:
- Site auditing to determine current accessibility status
- Review of proposed designs to assess accessibility compliance
- Creation of access strategies through the master planning and design development stages of your project
- Comprehensive reports on access provisions detailing key issues to be addressed and recommendations for appropriate modifications
- Diploma of Occupational Therapy, Cumberland College of Health Sciences (Sydney) 1976.
- ACAA Certificate of Continuing Accredited Membership 2013
- OHS Construction Induction training Certificate
- Registered Occupational Therapist (no: OCC0001726124)
- Accredited member Association of Consultants in Access Australia (No: 150)
- Affiliate member Australian Institute Building Surveyors (No: 4233)
- OT Australia representative on Standards Australia Access and Mobility Committee.
- Member of the SOPA Access Committee
Fields of Special Competence
- Experience in on site auditing to assess current status of access for people with disabilities and provision of reports detailing recommendations for modification and key issues to be addressed.
- Experience in review of drawings of proposed designs and provision of detailed reporting on accessibility compliance.
- Experience in writing access strategies for the master planning and design development of projects.
- Experience in the provision of comprehensive reports on access provisions for people with a disability in compliance with the Access to Premises Standards, the BCA, DDA and local government access requirements.